Champion enhancements to our work environment that support inclusive staff engagement, respectful behaviors, and learning opportunities that are the foundation for safe, secure, compliant, and quality performance of our missions.
- Evolve to a Lab-wide culture of teaming and collaborative behaviors based on common values.
- Measure and document annually the Laboratory culture maturity with a focus on sustained improvement in three areas:
- Leadership, where the leadership team through the responsible line managers (RLMs), demonstrates and models a commitment to transform culture.
- Employee Engagement, with shared and integrated improvement actions across LANL, leveraging the Institutional Worker Environment, Safety, and Security Team (IWESST), WESST, Voluntary Protection Program, and Safety and Security Improvement Program.
- Organizational Learning, with demonstrated excellence in safety, security, quality, compliance, and behaviors (i.e., how we do our work is as important as what we do)
- Increase focus on disciplined operations by learning from upsets in order to reduce mission and operational impacts