Force for Good
Be recognized as a force for good by Northern New Mexico communities and trusted by stakeholders to perform missions with minimal operational issues.
- Partner proactively with NNSA headquarters and NA-LA to create new opportunities to earn the trust of, and directly engage with, New Mexico leaders and the public on operational competence and contributions to national security and other missions.
- Define and pursue novel and varied communication channels and technologies to reach employees both onsite and at offsite/remote locations to ensure internal communications are accurate, transparent, timely, responsive, and agile. Reinforce desired Laboratory culture, values, and organizational learning objectives, regardless of physical location of employees.
- Protect the Laboratory from reputational risks by proactive management of legal, regulatory, environmental, counterintelligence, and financial/audit risks and by promoting integrity throughout our Laboratory culture.
- Design and implement a regional educational partnership strategy with New Mexico schools, community colleges, and universities to support near-term and decadal institutional workforce capacity needs. Define and explore potential mechanisms to reach more high school and middle school students.
- Stimulate starting new companies by leveraging LANL technological innovations through Feynman Center for Innovation and provide expertise through the Community Technical Assistance program to position LANL as a driver for regional economic development.
- Partner with county and state entities in the community to promote infrastructure investments that enable increased capacity at LANL.
- Direct procurement effort to local vendors where possible and develop a strategy to strengthen and improve pueblo alliance.
- Optimize investment of philanthropic dollars to address critical socioeconomic needs and to make a lasting, significant impact on the wellbeing of the communities.