Reconstitute optimized rate production of pits, leveraging the nation’s Plutonium Center of Excellence (Pu CoE) to support deterrence.
- Achieve First Production Unit in 2024 and optimize rate production in accordance with NNSA milestones.
- Install the Tier 1 planned components of the MIE (Major Item of Equipment) projects needed for reliable and modernized pit production operations in accordance with NNSA pit production milestones.
- Complete the Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement (CMRR) project in accordance with the approved baseline.
- Complete the Los Alamos Pu Pit Production Project (LAP4) in accordance with the approved baseline.
- Install and certify the Modern Manufacturing System (MMS) required to support rate production and electronic generation of the war reserve quality packages.
- Implement nuclear materials control and accountability (NMCA) solutions to improve pit manufacturing operational time.
- Achieve CD-4 Transuranic Liquid Waste Facility (TLWF) by the end of FY 2026.
- Bring Waste Characterization, Reduction and Repackaging Facility (WCRRF) online in 2024. Place Low-level Waste Disposal Facilities in service in 2027.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for human capital that includes retention, recruitment, and training of all necessary skill sets to support the Pu CoE, including pit production to support 30 PPY and other plutonium missions and construction execution.
- Develop and effectively execute a robust supply chain system for procurement and inventory management and storage of quality-controlled supplies to support operations and project execution.
- Effectively manage and balance NA-10 and NA-20 scope within PF-4 with concurrence of our federal partners.
- Assure Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) organizational capability and capacity to meet rate production and facility modernization targets.