Enable national preparedness and response to infectious diseases and biosecurity threats by harnessing life sciences along with other innovative scientific approaches.
- Assert leadership in national security life sciences that demonstrates current national laboratory capabilities and a vision for increased impact.
- Expand national security R&D in areas that align with core capabilities and focus areas that have been externally peer reviewed.
- Build on LANL COVID-19 R&D for future pandemics and national emergencies.
- Enable near-term decision making that demonstrates the impact of science-informed planning.
- Create technical options through a productive and dynamic innovation pipeline from research to adoption.
- Form partnerships to enable achievement.