Meet the capacity requirements necessary to perform current and future mission.
- Implement talent acquisition plans, tools, practices, and career development opportunities to meet requirements of the Laboratory missions.
- Improve the fidelity of procurement planning and increase procurement volume in support of Laboratory spending plans, leveraging new tools such as Ariba and Master Agreement Task Order Contracts (MATOCs), and Construction Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC) project delivery method, and using both forward-looking input and existing data from previous procurement cycles. Assure procurements are executed efficiently and support missions and community-centered/small business targets to the extent possible.
- Ensure construction capacity to meet construction growth by leveraging tools such as MATOCs to decrease self-perform work and to support entire site’s plans as identified in the critical outcomes.
- Meet increased demand for space including office space and lab space for critical outcomes and to support growth in mission and support activities.
- Complete and present a comprehensive transportation study and develop/execute a plan that enables mission, optimizes commute times, incentivizes user adoption of mass transit as the preferred option, leverages regional partnerships for off-hill parking/bussing, and supports net-zero goals.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive facility-based five-year plan for major maintenance to improve the overall reliability and mission readiness of the LANL facility portfolio.
- Improve and measure critical mission process efficiencies through innovations in process design and implementation, increased use of automation and workflow tools, better training with end users in the loop, consistent with the integrated System of Management Systems (iSoMS) online tool framework for improvement.
- Develop an IT RoadMap to improve and prioritize IT infrastructure investments and communications tools, including wireless in PF-4, red net capacity in new and existing Laboratory facilities, and other capabilities to ensure modern collaboration tools.
- Continue to develop the campus master plan (CMP) and the CMP White Board application to fully integrate facility/infrastructure requirements with mission drivers, environmental opportunities and constraints, and security requirements.
- Deliver operational tools, processes, and management systems that are streamlined to provide effective and efficient mission execution.
- Deploy innovative and strategic approaches to permitting strategy and implementation to enable mission delivery.