On June 21 and June 22, the Los Alamos National Laboratory Fellows present the lecture series Frontiers in Science with Andrea Schmidt and John Singleton, the duo behind the award-winning LightSlinger, a new antenna that generates radio waves from faster-than-light currents.
As wireless communications technology continues to advance, the need for smaller, more versatile and energy- and cost-efficient antennas is becoming increasingly important. LightSlinger has potential applications for 5G and defense communications.
Frontiers in Science: LightSlinger is a free event. Audiences have two opportunities to catch this special presentation, once in Santa Fe (June 21) and once in Los Alamos (June 22). Full event details are here.
RDC announces 2023 TEAM Fund awardees from across Northern New Mexico
Nonprofit economic development organization the Regional Development Corporation has announced the 12 recipients of grants from its 2023 Technology & Manufacturing (TEAM) Fund.
The fund, supported by Laboratory operator Triad, is a no-interest loan of up to $20,000 to assist high-growth potential technology-based and manufacturing businesses that are on track to add jobs, grow revenues, and attract additional funding and investment.
Finalists present a 10-minute pitch before an independent review panel that makes award recommendations. “The in-person pitch sessions give review panelists an opportunity to meet the applicants, hear more about their business, and ask questions to form a complete picture before making their recommendations,” says Carla Rachkowski, RDC director of operations. “Applicants get a chance to hone their pitches and presentation skills in front of potential investors to secure funding.”
The awardees are:
- Aly's Taos Eats (Taos County)
- Convivial Studio (Rio Arriba County)
- Daedalus Technology Group (Santa Fe County)
- Earth Traveler Teardrop Trailers (Santa Fe County)
- JREV Enterprises (Rio Arriba County)
- Jemez Mountain Brewhouse (Sandoval County)
- KALTRON Pulsed Power Systems (Los Alamos County)
- Loteria Paleteria (Taos County)
- Naturally New Mexico (Rio Arriba County)
- Pfeifer Studio (Sandoval County)
- SALA Event Center (Los Alamos County)
- Star Cryoelectronics (Santa Fe County)