Los Alamos National Laboratory is one of 20 government agencies in the U.S. to make the 30th Annual "Top 20 Government Employers" list by Woman Engineer magazine.
The magazine has ranked LANL among the highest-ranking DOE national laboratories since 2017. This year, LANL is the highest-ranked DOE national laboratory on the list, nabbing the tenth spot.
How are the agencies scored?
The readers of Woman Engineer magazine selected the top government agencies in the country for which they would most like to work or whom they believe would provide a positive working environment for women engineers.
This list is the result of an annual reader survey mailed to randomly selected readers of Woman Engineer magazine.
1. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
2. National Security Agency (NSA)
3. Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS)
4. Military Sealift Command (MSC)
5. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
6. U.S. Department of State (DOS)
7. U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
8. Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
9. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
10. Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL)
11. Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
12. U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
13. Sandia National Laboratories
14. U.S. Secret Service (USSS)
15. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
16. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
17. United States Postal Service (USPS)
18. U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
19. The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
20. U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
What is Woman Engineer magazine?
Launched in 1979, Woman Engineer magazine is the most widely read recruitment magazine for women engineers in the nation. The magazine claims to be read by more than 100,000 women who are student, entry-level and professional engineers. Woman Engineer magazine is an Equal Opportunity Publication. LA-UR-21-24409